What Information About Me Is Collected and Stored?
We collect two basic types of information from you in conjunction with your use of the Site, Personal Information and Non-Personal Information. “ Personal Information ” is information that you may supply to us and can individually identify you, including your name, e-mail address, telephone number, postal address, credit card, billing and contact information, i.e., when you register for an account on the Site, upload content or participate in a community. “ Non-Personal Information ” is any information that does not personally identify you but may include tracking and usage information about your location, demographics, use of the Site and the Internet.
As a general matter, you can browse the Site without submitting your Personal Information to us. However, there are a number of circumstances in which you may supply us with your Personal Information. The following lists the most common ways in which we may collect your Personal Information:
- Registration for an account on the Site
- Creating your profile
- Uploading your resume, cover letters or other materials
- Applying for a posted job
- Participating in interactive services, including any materials submitted in connection with a training module
- Signing up to receive e-mail newsletters from us
- Requesting customer service or other assistance
- Participating in surveys, panels, or market research
- Participating in special events and promotions
- Entry in contests or sweepstakes
- Submission of user generated content on any part of the Site that permits it
- Any other place on the Site where you knowingly volunteer Personal Information
When you apply for a job through the Site or upload your resume to our resume database, employers will have access to that content. We have no control over the retention or use of your resume or profile by employers or third parties.
Collection of Personal Information From Social Media Sites
When you interact with any Site page or account on a social media platform, such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Tumblr, YouTube, or Pinterest, or use a social media feature such as Facebook’s “Like” button, we may collect the Personal or Non-Personal Information including your IP address, account ID or “handle.” However, we will comply with the privacy policies of the corresponding social media platform and will only collect and store such Personal Information that we are permitted to collect by these social media platforms.
In addition, when you interact with the Site, our servers may keep an activity log of Non-Personal Information. Generally, we collect and store the following categories of Non-Personal Information:
- Demographic data such as age, gender and five digit zip code as part of collecting personal information
- Device information about your computer, mobile device, or other device that you use to access the Site. This information may include IP address, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language and other transactional information
- Usage information about your use of the Site. This information includes a reading history of the pages you view. We use this information to provide you with a more customized experience on the Site
- Additional “traffic data” such as time of access, date of access, software crash reports, session identification number, access times and referring website addresses
- Your search terms and search results
- Other information regarding our users' use of the Site
Collection of Your Source IP Address/Location Information
We collect and store your device's source IP address which may disclose the location of your device at the time you access the Site. Advertisements and certain content may be directed to you as a result of this data.
In addition, in some cases the Site can deliver content based on your current location if you choose to enable that feature. If you enable that feature, your current location will be stored locally on your device which will be used by the Site to serve you certain content tied to your location. If you elect to have your location-based searches saved to your history, we will store such information on our servers.
Collection of Personal and Non-Personal Information From Other Sources
We also may collect and store information about you that we receive from other sources to, among other things, enable us to update and correct the information contained in our database and to better customize your experience on the Site.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but, if you prefer, you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. For more information on cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information provided by the Interactive Advertising Bureau at www.allaboutcookies.org .
We may also use web beacons or flash cookies. A web beacon or flash cookie (also known as “action tags”, “tracer tags”, or “single-pixel gifs”) is an invisible graphic on a web page that is programmed only to collect Non-Personal Information about your use of a given website. We do not collect Personal Information, such as names, e-mail addresses and phone numbers through such web beacons without your express permission.
We may work with third-party advertising companies who also may utilize flash or enhanced cookies or web beacons to better provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you. These partners do not use this technology to collect Personal Information about you or have access to or use your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number or other information from us. They may, however, anonymously track your Internet usage across other websites in their networks beyond this Site. To learn more about the use of this information or to choose not to have this information used by our third-party advertising partners by opting out please visit the Network Advertising Initiative by clicking http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp .
Is Personal Information Collected From Children?
Individuals under the age of eighteen (18) are not allowed to visit or use this Site. We respect the privacy of children and we are committed to complying with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). This Site does not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal information (as defined under the Act) from anyone under the age of eighteen (18).
How Do We Use Your Information?
We use the information we learn from you to help us personalize and continually improve your experience on the Site. We may use your Personal and Non-Personal Information in the following ways:
- Optimize and improve the Site, operations and the services we provide
- Perform statistical, demographic and marketing analyses of users of the Site
- Provide you with the services you request
- Post your user generated content to our Site as you request
- Communicate with you about your account, respond to your inquiries or send you information about features on our Site
- Communicate with you about changes to our policies
- Personalize content and experiences on our Site, including providing job opportunities or training modules based on job search preferences and history
- Connect you to potential employers
- Send you newsletters, offers and promotions for our services, third party products and services, or special events by e-mail or other medium
- Provide you with advertising, including advertising based on your activity on our Site or activity on third party sites and applications
- Administer contests, sweepstakes, promotions, and surveys
- Detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
- Protect users from, or prevent, fraudulent activity
Combination of Your Personal Information
We use and/or combine information that we collect off-line or from third party sources to enhance and check the accuracy of your customer records.
Use of Your Location Information
- We use your location information to:
- Provide you with the services you request
- Personalize content and experiences on our Site
- Personalize your newsletters, offers and promotions for our products and services, third party products and services, or special events
- Personalize the advertising you receive, including advertising based on your activity on our Site or activity on third party sites and applications
- Optimize or improve our services and operations
- Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
- Perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the Site
Who Do We Provide Your Information To?
We may disclose information about your Personal Information collected online to any of our Affiliates, successors or assigns. An “ Affiliate ” means an entity that controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with a party, where “control” means the direct or indirect ownership of more than fifty percent (50%) of the voting securities of such entity or party. Although, as disclosed below, we may provide your information to our partners, in no event will we sell or rent your Personal Information as part of a customer list or similar transaction, except in connection with the sale of our business.
We may have third party agents, subsidiaries, Affiliates and partners that perform functions on our behalf, such as hosting, billing, marketing, analytics, customer service, fraud protection, etc. These entities have access to the Personal Information needed to perform their functions and are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of that Personal Information. They are restricted from using, selling, distributing or altering this data in any way other than to provide the requested services to the Site.
Business Partners and Third Parties
We may also use or disclose Personal Information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us or the Site; (b) protect and defend our rights or property, the Site or our users, and (c) act under emergency circumstances to protect the personal safety of us, our Affiliates, agents, or the users of the Site or the public.
Use of Non-Personal Information
We may disclose or share Non-Personal Information (or other information, other than Personal Information) in any other manner that we deem appropriate or necessary. Among other things, we will disclose Non-Personal Information to third parties to help us determine how people use parts of the Site and who our users are so we can improve our Site. We will also disclose Non-Personal Information to our partners and other third parties about how our users collectively use the Site.
What Steps Are Taken To Keep Personal Information Secure?
We are concerned about ensuring the security of your Personal Information. Personal Information collected by our Site is stored in a reasonably secure operating environment that is not available to the public. Please understand, however, that while we use commercially reasonable efforts to safeguard your Personal Information once we receive it, no security is foolproof. The safeguards we use reflect, in a commercially reasonable manner, the nature of the information you have supplied to us and the nature and scope of our business.
Your Obligations to Keep Your Access Rights Secure
You promise to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself and your business as prompted by a registration form (such information being the “Registration Data”) and (b) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or we have reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, we have the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Site (or any portion thereof). You are entirely responsible for the security and confidentiality of your password and account. Furthermore, you are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security of which you become aware. You are responsible for taking precautions and providing security measures best suited for your situation and the intended use of the registration and Site.
What Happens When I Link To or From Another Website?
What About Contests and Sweepstakes?
Public Areas, Chat Rooms, Reviews, and Community Areas
Please remember that any information you share in public areas, such as message boards or feedback sections, becomes public and anyone may take and use that information. Please be careful about what you disclose and do not post any Personal Information that you expect to keep private. Please consult the applicable guidelines, if any, for use of our chat rooms and other community areas for more information.
Access To and Correcting Information
You may review and change your Personal Information by logging into the Site and accessing your profile. You may also remove your resume or delete your account at any time. If you delete your account, we will, for a period of time as determined by us, retain an archival copy of your Personal Information for its records and for audit purposes but the copy will not be accessible online.
Notice to Users Outside the United States of America
Changes to This Policy
How Do I Opt-Out or Correct Information About Me
You may always opt-out of receiving future e-mail messages from us. We provide you with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us at the point where we request information about you. To do so, you can send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of us who are California residents to request certain information regarding its disclosure of their Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Do Not Track Practices